UX Designer (Desktop & Web)
Design an intuitive UX for desktop and web, working with exceptionally talented front-end and back-end developers. Be involved all the way from concept to creation, and see your design come alive to delight millions of users.
Location: Symless UK or Remote
Salary/Rate: Competitive & Negotiable
Who is this for? This role is suitable for both those seeking full-time employment at Symless in the UK or for remote freelancers. This gives remote freelancers a fantastic opportunity to eventually relocate to the UK if desired. For those willing to relocate, we're offering a competitive salary, as well as a sign-on bonus. We also provide visa sponsorship and pay all relocation costs. There are multiple vacancies for this position and candidates can have any level of experience, but must be very intelligent. Students and graduates are welcome.
About Symless and Synergy: Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 6.7 million viewers. It's also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more.
What about the role? Your role will be working alongside our product owner to optimise the user experience. From requirements research to interface design, you'll be involved in an iterative process that will result in elegant and intuitive user experience. You will need to empathise with the user, feeling your way through their journey. You'll work closely with Software Developers who will make your imagination a reality. Design wireframes and mockups then engage with users to test and analyze their experience. You'll own the UX component of our desktop apps, web apps, and e-commerce website.
Here are a few things you'll be doing:
- Customer interviews and general research
- Perform quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Wireframing and prototyping of user interfaces
- Working hand-in-hand with the UI designer
- Test newly built designs to find opportunities
- Contribute to agile methodology and planning
- Teach others on the team what you learn
- Learn from 20 years of development experience
- Training is encouraged and paid as needed
We'll need you to have academic or professional experience with:
- Hacking away at HTML and CSS
- Very strong UX design principles
- Following code style and team rules
It would also be nice if you had some experience with:
- UI design and/or development experience
- Experience with both web and desktop apps