Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Laptop as a second monitor

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
Synergy is a mouse and keyboard sharing tool, rather than a video tool, so you can use the mouse and keyboard of your main computer to control the laptop, or vice versa.
  • 4 weeks later...
I am using Display Fusion for multiple monitors with each of my computers (ASUS AO1 and Desktop). Am I able to use synergy at the same time as Display Fusion without causing problems? With SYnergy, I will be able to access the hard drive from my desktop, pull up an InDesign file, work with it on my AO1 with InDesign, and save it in either place? Plus use 3 or 4 monitors? Thanks.
  • 1 year later...
Richard Grigg

I have recently started to use Display Fusion as well.

I am having constant issues with my mouse automatically moving from one screen to another. This problem (I believe), started with the installation of Display Fusion. In fact, I think the problem is being caused because Display Fusion is set to automatically change my wallpaper on each monitor, individually. I "think" that when the wallpaper changes on each screen at a preset frequency, the wallpaper change somehow calls the mouse back to the screen that is updating with the new wallpaper change. Does this sound right?

here is my configuration:

1) Laptop using 2 X external screens (set as the Synergy server)

2) Laptop using native / built-in display (set as the Synergy client or slave)

I'd love to continue using both products but, if I can't use Display Fusion without encountering these constant moving mouse issues, I'll have to remove the Display Fusion product.

Any thoughts on possible fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Rick Grigg

Richard Grigg

Here my update from my own limited testing:

I have completely removed the "Display Fusion" product from all 3 computers. Unfortunately, I am still plagued by my mouse automatically moving from one screen to another, without my knowledge. This problem is simply awful in that I am constantly having to bring my cursor back to the screen in which I am typing information.

Any thoughts on what I might need to check, remove, or modify? Any input would be greatly appreciated as I love the Synergy product but can't deal with this ongoing issue.

Thanks everyone!

Rick Grigg

Darren Johnson

@Richard:

I use display fusion and synergy no problem. Does the log indicate that the client or server is disconnecting? Sometimes due to spotty network connection they will desync and the mouse will default to the main monitor of the server, and then they will get connected again and it is business as usual.