Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard mapping errors Mac OS X

Hi. I'm new to Synergy and I have a simple question: I have two Macs connected, and for some reason the client registers a "/" every time I type a space..? Seems to be the only key that's not mapped properly, and typing the actual "/" key also produces a slash. I use Canadian French Keyboard, if that makes a difference. Any help would be great. Thanks
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am having a similar problem connecting a Mac OS X 10.11 client to a server running on Kubuntu 14.04. The keyboard mapping is screwed up on the Mac client even though I'm set up to use the US keyboard on both server and client. I just "upgraded" from Synergy 1.4.14 to 1.7.5 and I'm disappointed. Lots of new (mostly useless to me) features added but Synergy is as buggy as ever! :-( BTW, I also have a Mac OS X 10.8 client connected to the same server, but it works okay. There I can also use the Canadian French keyboard if I switch to it on the client. I must be careful to leave the keyboard set to US on the server, however. Otherwise the mapping gets messed up. It seems to me that Synergy has long had problems dealing with different keyboard mappings. Granted, it must be a tough problem and it seems like they've never been able to fully tackle it, unfortunately.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...