Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

crashing on all workstations since upgrade to pro

Donna Hankins
very sad day. i have loved this app. now it is failing me completely and I can't even seem to be able to revert to the previous version. :( my server: OS X 10.10 serving to: 2 other workstations...windows and OS X 10.7 none of them are working correctly or able to connect to server.
Kevin Mullins
I am having the same issue. My server is OS X 10.10 and client is a Windows 8.1 machine. Both working fine on 1.7.1 before I downloaded the addon that converted me to Pro. This is the error I am getting. ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:ssl3_write_bytes:ssl handshake failure ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:ssl3libc++abi.dylib: _terminating with uncaught exception of type std::exception: std::exceptionw rite_bytes:s If I restart the windows computer it will reconnect and work for a little bit but then eventually have the same error.
Tom Arnold
Just adding a me-too to the stack. Two OSX 10.10.3 boxes and a Windows 7 box. Started by upgrading the main OSX box to 1.7.1-stable-366f813. Things went downhill from there. I have tried reverting to the previous version I was using ( 1.6.3-stable-9706252 ) with no luck. In synergys I am getting Crashed Thread: 9 Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007fbf01600008 And in syntool I am getting Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008 This is *after* reverting back to 1.6.3.
Tom Arnold
Okay. Finally got things working and stable with 1.7.1. What I found was happening was if a 1.6.x client connects to the 1.7 server, it drops all connections and becomes unhappy. If I shut down the errant 1.6 client on my windows laptop then did a stop/start on my server ( OSX ) and my other client ( OSX ) they would talk fine. If I then fired up the old 1.6 client ( Windows, but I bet it doesnt matter ) everything would get hosed. Upgraded all machines, reran the wizard a second time just for the heck of it ( its near 6am and I'm getting kinda fried ), and I now have everything talking using 1.7.1 and it seems stable. I'll complain more later if it turns out to be otherwise.
Tom Arnold
One last update. Almost 12 hours now and no issues. I think my root problem was not upgrading everything before trying the new version. Seems to be an issue with the backwards compatibility.
Tom Arnold
made it to about 20 hours and suddenly *pouf* It died. Clients will connect to the server but the second you try and go off the server screen it blows up with "ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL". *sigh*
Brian Bartizek
[quote="Kevin Mullins"] This is the error I am getting. ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:ssl3_write_bytes:ssl handshake failure ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:ssl3libc++abi.dylib: _terminating with uncaught exception of type std::exception: std::exceptionw rite_bytes:s[/quote] Same problem I'm having. Win8 server, two Win7 clients. Very disappointing. The last time I updated I had problems as well, you'd think I would know better. Edit: If I disable SSL on all Synergy instances, things work again, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the feature.
Eldeemo
I've noticed my clients crash when I have copied a picture on either computer (client or server - I only use two computers). I have to restart the server and client to gain them back. Since I normally dont' use the shared clipboard if that feature could be check box to turn off I think that would stop my crashing. Dmitry