Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client loses connectivity when Clipboard used

Mark Coolen
I'm running 1.7.5 Server on Ubuntu, Client on Windows 8.1. When I use the Clipboard on Windows 8.1 (Client), then move the mouse to the Server machine, nothing shows in the log, but I can't go back to the Client machine until I click 'Apply' on the Server and the Client reconnects. This has been a problem for several versions back.
  • 1 month later...
I also have this, have you tried going back versions? This has been an issue for all the 1.7.x releases for me and I believe 1.6 too but I didn't take notes as to when it first occurred. It is getting to the point where I am looking at a new machine with a load of screen ports rather than persevere with synergy which is a real shame as I've been a user since 2007 and stability was rock solid until recently. I may experiment with rolling my whole system (Mac OSx 10.10.5, Ubuntu 15.04, Centos7) back through progressive minor version numbers to see if I can find a stable combo, if I can face the pain of it I will post here with my results. I look back fondly to the halcyon days of synergy 1.3.x and 1.4.x which were rock solid for my older configuration back then
Sylvain Bernard
same issue for me. I'm running 2 ubuntu (14.04) and a Mac and I have to restart the Synergy server dozens of times a day. I'm about to quit after years for using it. Please, fix it.
Chris Dobson
I've just downgraded back to Synergy 1.5.1 because of this issue. Not sure it was entirely to do with the clipboard, but either way 1.7.5 would periodically lose connection which was only remedied by hitting 'Apply' on the server. 1.5.1 is and was stable for me - I only upgraded to 1.7.5 because Linux Mint was showing the update in Update Manager. I never tried a 1.6.x release but reportedly they carry the same issue. Suggest you all try 1.5.1 and see how you get on.
Chris Dobson
Further to the above, I've upgraded the (Linux Mint) server to 1.6.1 because Chrome doesn't like 1.5.1. Thought I was on 1.5.1 originally, but perhaps not. In any case, it's all working a lot better than 1.7.5.
Stuart Smith
Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue. Ubuntu server with two windows clients. 1.6.3 worked for me. I'm going to try 1.8 Beta to see if it's better, otherwise I'll have to downgrade again...