Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse Scroll Wheel Does Not Work in Clients

MacOS 10.8.5 server. MacOS 10.8.5 client. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit client. Logitech wired mouse. Internet and Synergy Forum searches yield lots of suggestions, but none work. Tried stable and beta. Debug log entries look like "recv mouse wheel +0,+0" EDIT/UPDATE: Switched Windows 7 machine to server and former Mac-server to client. Connected same mouse to Windows machine. Scroll wheel works in both Mac clients. Debug log entries are different, e.g., "recv mouse wheel +0,+120". Suspect something initialized wrong in source code for Mac server. Nevertheless, code should work as described and at the moment it does not support preferred configuration. Also note that Dead Corners works on the Win server but not on the Mac server. Can we expect a fix?
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Rick Bevan
tl;dr: try tweaking System Preferences > Mouse > Scrolling Speed in the Mac server. I'm the original poster. Here's an update: Installed new version 1.7.6, released today, but scroll wheel in (Win7) client still did not work, with log entries "event: button wheel delta=+0,+0" and "onMouseWheel +0,+0". So off to the web, where [url=https://superuser.com/questions/634436/how-to-get-mouse-wheel-scrolling-working-with-synergy#comment-1344696]Seth noted that "the Scroll Speed system preference allows some adjustment to the scroll delta[/url]." Moved the slider around in System Preferences > Mouse > Scrolling Speed, after which the Synergy log started showing numbers other than zero for mouse wheel actions. In client? Joy! The scroll wheel now scrolls windows. Not sure whether the Synergy update or System Preferences change or both caused the changed behavior, but it is worth trying both. The scrolling threshold is a little hinky, i.e., slow scrolling in the client doesn't always "take"; you have to spin the wheel harder to make the window scroll. Also, correlating server System Preferences settings with behavior in the client is inconsistent. Initially, lower server Scrolling Speed seemed to translate to better client response, but at the moment, I have Scrolling Speed set to "Fast" and the client is responding well, even to one-click scroll wheel moves.
  • 3 months later...
Serban Tatu
Server: Mac OS X 10.11.5 Client: Ubuntu 10.4 Synergy: 1.7.6 Scroll wheel does not work at all in client. This is not an intermittent problem - it simply does not work. In DEBUG2 level, the client receives the scroll events, but the offsets are always +0,+0. Other mouse events receive the proper offsets. I tried to: - increase the server scroll sensitivity to fastest in System Preferences - set "Use relative mouse moves" in synergys configuration None helped.
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Matt Van Every

This worked for me today.... 11/17/17

Note*  I was able to bring speed down, then actually take it back up and it still now works.  Go figure? 

• Like 1

Matt - I tried to do this, but my magic trackpad uses variable speeds... if I move my fingers fast enough, the client scrolls. Otherwise it doesn't.

Nick - I tried to open a support ticket but couldn't without a log file... Will e-mail.

• 1 year later...

Similar story to Nate -- starting .... a month or so ago, possibly more recently, upgrade to 1.10.3 (the version I'm on) possibly, the wheel stopped working in the clients, but was working fine on the server host.   (Thanks Nate)  I just looked at the settings in SetPoint (CC ver 6.69.123 / Driver ver 5.94.124) and "Enable Smooth Scrolling" was checked.   

_Un-checking "Enable Smooth Scrolling" with out any service or host restarts, immediately made the scroll wheel work in the client._ 

• 5 months later...
Jimmy Muhlenbruch

My issue is that on the client iMac, I show No mouse found when I'm in the system preferences. The server iMac shows a mouse when I'm in the system preferences. Does anyone have any insight?

• 3 weeks later...

Having similar issue. Windows 10 v1909 OS build 18363.815 server and MacOS 10.15.4 client. If I restart synergy then I'll get the mouse to scroll, but it is intermittent. I have a hardline to the computers via a network switch and that doesn't matter. I cannot change my mouse preferences on the client because it can't find the mouse (you know, because it's connected to the server). I can share with you my log files, but I think it's in line with what others are talking about with the dropped bogus delta motion +0, +0.

• 2 months later...

Hi. I was experiencing the same issue on 2 Windows 10 computers (Server / Client). 

Then I disabled smooth scroll on the server using Logitech Options app (I'm using a MK540 keyboard + mouse). Maybe there is something relative in Mac OS. This fixed for me.

Picture is on pt_BR language

image.thumb.png.6225a9933d8a583f85a524ec03042bc5.png

• 6 months later...
Corey Vidal

Wow! What @Adami said above absolutely worked for me. I went into Logitech Options, selected the mouse, clicked the "Point & Scroll" tab, and switched "Smooth scrolling" to Disabled.

I didn't even need to restart anything. It worked instantly.

This has been driving me crazy for over a year, and I just came to accept it. Thanks @Adami for the solution!

• 5 months later...

Suddenly this is happening to me as well. I do notice that there is also a lag in my click, and my server screen is displaying tooltips on the main screen even though the mouse is on the client. Not sure if the server is recognizing the scroll action due to the lag or possibly thinks its on the server computer,  but could be? 

I'm running on Two Mac's Newest OS's - LAN . 

Any help?