Hello! ๐Ÿ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Unable to connect "cannot connect socket:"

Brad Hebert
I am using a keyboard and mouse on a Windows ThinkPad, trying to control a MacBook Pro. The Mac Synergy client keeps saying "failed to connect to server: cannot connect socket:, etc." I'm using computers in an office at work, so I don't feel comfortable posting the logs via pastebin.
Patricia Maccariella-Hafey
I am having the same issues. I have a 27" Mac for home computer and trying to connect my Lenovo Think Pad and it will not connect. I am going to try to go back to a previous version of synergy
Patricia Maccariella-Hafey
Now I cannot un install the newer software on the windows machine! It says it is running and now I can't find where it is. It will not delete! Ugh. Now I have to call my IS dept and they probably will take it all off. So frustrating.
Jason Smith
I'm seeing the same issue. I bought the Pro version 2 days ago, it worked perfectly. Last night I had to reload my Windows machine. Now when I run the server on my Windows machine it starts just fine. My Mac client I'm getting similar socket errors and it wont connect. I've uninstalled / reinstalled several times with no success. I've tried reversing the roles Mac = Server and Windows = Client and I've had no success there either.
Detrick Ali
[b]Here's what worked for me[/b] 1. Make sure the client and the server are running the same versions. My macbook was running the newest version while my windows pc was running an earlier version. 2. Follow the instructions left by the-wes on a previous post: Re: Just bought your software and can't get my PCs to connec Postby the-wes ยป Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:08 am For future reference, for anyone else who finds this thread when experiencing the issues mentioned. The error "server refused client with our name" means you need to add the client into your server configuration. Here are the steps: On the Synergy Server, click Configure Server. You should get a grid showing your computers represented by screen icons. You should have one icon on the grid for each computer in your Synergy setup. The icons should be named to match the Screen Names on each computer. If you need to add one, you can drag a new icon onto the grid from the upper right corner. If you need to remove one, you can drag its icon off the grid onto the trash can icon in the upper left corner. If you need to change the name on one, double-click on it to bring up its settings window. The name goes in the "Screen Name" box at the top. This name must match the actual name of the client computer in order to work. Do not add any aliases here unless you need to. Click OK when done. Click OK and click Apply and that should get you going.