Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Not able to drag or copy and paste files

Eder Meza Arroyo
I just received an email saying to update the new synergy version. I did it and now I’m not able to drag files from computer to computer which I used to be able before getting “upgraded” to the premium version. How can I solve this issue? version
Garrett Rockafellow
Having the same problem. Running 1.7.1 on both Windows 7 (server) and Mac OS X 10.10.3 (client). My log is showing: ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown
Alejandro Figueroa
[quote="Garrett Rockafellow"]Having the same problem. Running 1.7.1 on both Windows 7 (server) and Mac OS X 10.10.3 (client). My log is showing: ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown[/quote] SAME HERE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I RUNNING WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS 7 BUT NON OF THOSE THINGS WORKS I TALK TO NICK BUT HE SAID TO COME HERE AND SEE IF SOMEONE HAVE THE SAME ISSUES
Squelch
I can confirm this issue. Win7 64bit server, Ubuntu 14.04 32bit client - Synergy 1.7.1 Dragging from the client to the server leaves the file stuck in drag mode when leaving the screen. Only screen change and open/close clipboard messages are logged. No file transfer is initiated. Dragging a file from the server to the client logs this on the server: [code]DEBUG: sending file to client, filename=E:\path\to\my\file.txt NOTE: client "Tablet-PC" has disconnected INFO: jump from "Tablet-PC" to "Desktop-PC" at 960,540 INFO: entering screen DEBUG: active sides: 6 NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ...[/code] This series of log entries will repeat forever and connectivity between server and client is compromised. Similar repeating negotiation log entries are seen on the client. The order of connection and disconnection messages seem to be out of sync and may be relevant. Restarting both the server and client via "Apply" seems to be the only workaround. However, any further attempts to drag files during the session will now fail with the following. [code]DEBUG: locked by "Left Button" DEBUG: failed to get drag file name from OLE INFO: switch from "Desktop-PC" to "Tablet-PC" at 0,513 INFO: leaving screen[/code] The connection is stable at all other times, and bidirectional transferring of clipboard contents are unaffected. Win 7 seems to be a theme here.
  • 2 months later...
Drag and drop after a certain file size (a little less than 1K) is affected by the SSL implementation, which has a maximum chunk size but leaves it to the apps to chunk the data. There will be a lot that works better for 1.7.4, some issues are fixed already in the latest nightly builds. https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4584 https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4712 - relates mostly to 4584 but there are some interesting comments https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4601 - relates mostly to 4584 but there are some interesting comments If your issue is not one of these, please provide some detailed info (if not posted here already): - exact steps to reproduce including Synergy/OS versions on server/client - the size of the data that you are moving with drag-drop (exact size if you can find that out) - what was being dragged? (image file, file in Windows Explorer, text file on desktop, etc.) - any symptoms that occur such as Synergy crashing - is problem intermittent? - any non-English involved (keyboard config, characters in file name/path, etc.)? - with at least Debug logging level enabled, what is in the logs for server and client when there is a problem?