Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard doesn't work when using 2nd Mac as Display

Alexander Pietz

Alexander Pietz
Hi everybody, I got a problem, I don't even know where to search for the answer. I use an iMac from 2011 and MacBookPro 2015 (both working on ElCapitan with the latest Update). With Synergy the keyboard an mouse are working fine on both Macs, when each one is working on its own drive. The problem is: When I'm using the MacBookPro as client in Synergy, but as Computer like main and the iMac just as second monitor used with an Thunderbold cable I can use the mouse normal on both computers/monitors like it should be with synergy. But the keyboard does stop to work. On both computers just the A button on the keyboard is working. It's very strange. Any idea if there is something in the setup I need to change ? thx Alex
  • 2 months later...
Hugo Pettai
Hi, Yesterday I bought Synergy and found out exactly the same frustrating problem. 'Esc' and 'A' are the only working keys. Synergy server is in iMac, client is in MacBook. I am using Imac as the secondary (target) display for MacBook, connected with DisplayPort cable. When iMac and MacBook both have single displays, keyboard sharing works perfect. Regards, Hugo
  • 1 year later...