Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Linux Server, Mac Client Running AWS Workspaces

Kevin Rioles
I'm running Synergy Pro 1.7.5 on Linux Mint 17.2 (server) and OS X 10.11.2 (client). I am running Amazon Web Services (AWS) Client 1.1.81.352 on the OS X system (MacBook Pro). The mouse works fine across the board, but the keyboard is not working within the Workspaces Client. I know this is a pretty random issue, but I wanted to bring it up in case anyone else had seen something similar.
  • 3 months later...
Bryan Miller
I'm having a similar issue with the AWS Workspaces Client on Windows 10 and on OS X El Capitan 10.11.2. Mouse works everywhere. Behaviors: Works fine in Windows 10 when the other machine is not on (ie not sharing keyboard and mouse). Once the second machine comes on, the AWS client stops working on the server. The AWS client works fine on the synergy client running Windows 10. When the synergy client is OS X El Capitan, 10.11.2, mouse works fine but keyboard does not. If I stop Synergy on the client, keyboard doesn't work. If I stop synergy on the server, the keyboard works fine inside of AWS client.
  • 2 years later...

I'm hosting synergy on ubuntu and the over on my mac I run AWS workspaces and the keyboard fails. I have to run the actual keyboard connected to mac in order for workspaces to capture keys, clipboard and mouse seem fine?

I am having the same issue with Synergy Pro 1.10.1-stable-8941241e, I am running Synergy server from Ubuntu 18.04 and connecting to my Macbook pro Mojave 10.14.2 where I have AWS workspaces running.  I can use the mouse without any issues, but the keyboard does not work.

Edited by MicahS
  • 5 months later...
Bryan Miller

Now I'm having problems with the copy/paste buffer inside of Amazon Workspaces 2.5.7.1205 with Windows 10 as the client OS and Windows 10 as the server OS. Keyboard and mouse work fine, but I can't get text to copy in either direction.

Similar issue with Mac OS 10.14.5 client with and Amazon Workspaces. Synergy client is running on Windows 10. I can control the Mac just fine, but the only the mouse works within WorkSpaces; keyboard is non-responsive. Tried disabling anti-virus, but no change.

• 9 months later...
Roy Tokeshi

I am also having issues, mouse move everywhere, but Keyboards stops working in client machines.  What level of logging / what events would be good to look for?