Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib

Hi since i past to the pro version and to 10.7.1 synergy version when i try connect my client (os 10.7) to my server (W7 64 bits) i have the message : "Synergy terminated unexpectedly with an exit code of 1. Please see the log output for details." and here is the log : NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: /var/folders/gz/mhgsq3tj7pd6vlw9blndqyh40000gn/T/Synergy.HH2234 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/bng/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/bng/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/bng/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process I use synergy for many years and now i am very upset because my configuration seems to be ok. Please help !!
Jay Imerman
Same problem here, Server is Win 7 64, Client on OS X 10.10 works great, Client on OS X 10.7 doesn't work with same error trace.
Josh Powell
Got the same error after going Pro. Different text in the log, however. FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/drovja/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib Referenced from: /Users/drovja/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Reason: Incompatible library version: libns.dylib requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0
Philip Zern
I have the same issue running the new synergy on OS x 10.7. Is there a solution yet? I don't have room for two keyboards and mice. This issue is preventing access to my personal machine. Is there a way to revert back?
Matthew Sattlegger
I get the same issue. My server is Windows 7 64 bit. My client is Mac OS X 10.6.8. NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: /var/folders/HD/HD...I/-Tmp-/qt_temp.KM4801 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/Matt/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib Referenced from: /Users/Matt/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Reason: Incompatible library version: libns.dylib requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0 NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process Please post a fix. Regards, Matt
Andre Wheeley
G'day, Same problem with Mac OSX 10.10. [quote]FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/XXXX/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find: /Users/XXXX/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib: file too short NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process[/quote] Can you provide a file that is not too short?
Randy Jensen
I cleared out a /tmp file on my machine running Linux Mint 17.1 32-bit, like Andre mentioned doing on his Mac but to no avail. Still not working for me.
Michael Reznick
Same here on 10.7.5 ------- NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: /var/folders/tj/8zzgv55900n6ysmd4h_q520c0000gp/T/Synergy.BMJ207 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/mgr/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/mgr/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/mgr/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process --- Workaround for unencrypted 1.7.2 use --> delete libns.dylib, disable SSL on server (Synergy-->Preferences), restarted Synergy on 10.7.5 client
Lucas Lay
Just updated to 1.7.2 from 1.7.1, suddenly saw the same problem on the client machine running Mac OS 10.7.5: FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/data/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/data/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/data/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib The server machine running 10.9 does not have any problem at all.... Now I just downgraded the client machine to 1.7.1, the problem persists.... what the...?!
Donna Hankins
thanks Andre! i tried deleting that file also and now synergy is working. it's apparently not working as it supposed to according to the log report....but at least i'm sharing my keyboard and mouse again across desktops. yay for that! :)
Mike Bougie
Hey all, I'm running OS X 10.7.5 and Synergy Pro 1.7.2 and am encountering the same error. Synergy is working great on OS X 10.10 and Win7Pro, just not 10.7.5. Pliiz halp.
John Pittman
This post in another thread [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=127#p410[/url] got Synergy working for me on my 10.7.5 client. Synergy is still broken AFAIC, though.
  • 2 years later...