Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

VPN kills Synergy connection

Adam Foisey
Greetings, I have a 4 monitor (2 computer) setup, and the client computer connects to multiple VPNs throughout the day. Normally I don't have an issue with Synergy, but recently I started working with a company that uses a new VPN (Cisco Anyconnect), and when I connect to it, the Synergy connection between Server/Client gets terminated. If I disable the VPN, Synergy works again. Is there a way I can get around this issue? What information can I provide that will help come to a solution?
  • 2 weeks later...
Angel Delgado
[quote="Adam Foisey"]Greetings, I have a 4 monitor (2 computer) setup, and the client computer connects to multiple VPNs throughout the day. Normally I don't have an issue with Synergy, but recently I started working with a company that uses a new VPN (Cisco Anyconnect), and when I connect to it, the Synergy connection between Server/Client gets terminated. If I disable the VPN, Synergy works again. Is there a way I can get around this issue? What information can I provide that will help come to a solution?[/quote] I have had the same issue. Unfortunately AnyConnect does not usually allow local network connection by default which is needed for Synergy to work. There is a AllowLocalLanAccess setting in Cisco AnyConnect that should help. However your Admin could have disable the option (Which was the case with my employer). I hope this helps!
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Philip Hebert

From experience with my own job. This can happen if both the VPN and your local network IP ranges are within the same IP range. For example:

My home network was: 10.40...

Work VPN was using: 10.0..

Once i changed my home network to: 192.168...

It started working fine.

Check both your computer IP and VPN IP, see if they are the same in such a way.