Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

So many different problems....

Don Teague
I've been running Synergy for years now. The other day I made the mistake of updating software that was working perfectly. So far, here is a list of the problems I'm running into, and what steps I've taken to resolve them. On the server system... (Win 7 Ultimate) - And yes, I've rebooted. Many times. ERROR: failed to init synwinhk.dll, another program may be using it INFO: restarting your computer may solve this error On one client (Win10 Pro) INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled NOTE: started client NOTE: connecting to 'x.x.x.x': x.x.x.x:24800 INFO: watchdog status: ok ... NOTE: server fingerprint: [removed] NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: [blah, blah]/qt_temp.Uh7900 NOTE: log level: INFO ERROR: failed to verify server certificate fingerprint NOTE: disconnected from server On the server, when the connection is made, I see: NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected I've removed Synergy from the machines. On the server and another client I used Revo Pro and removed everything. On the Win 10 machine, I uninstalled the program, then removed the items that Revo pro said it was removing from the other machine. Re-installed on all devices, and running into the same errors. Can someone give me an idea of where to start?
Graham Williams
Hey Don, I had something similar a little while ago. You don't by any chance have Lync / Skype for Business installed do you? That always seemed to be the culprit for me. If I completely quit Lync/Skype then started Synergy it seemed to be OK. If you grab yourself a copy of Process Explorer from Technet - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... lorer.aspx you can search for that .dll and it will tell you what else is interfering with it.