Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

vmWare vsphere client

Gavin Bolton
My setup consists of two computers running synergy. I have recently setup an ESX server but have found that I am unable to administredr the virtual machines on eithe PC using vsphere console. If I open a console for any of the virtual machines I am unable to interact with them until I stop synergy. The mouse will not stay in the console and behaves erratically, sometimes jumping around the screen, sometimes appearing to be locked in the console window (although I am unagle to interact with the virtual machine) Is this something anyone else has experienced as it's a real deal breaker for me.
Graham Williams
Hi Gavin, I also experienced this and found that I could only use my vSphere console correctly if the Windows machine I was running it on was a Synergy client but my server is now OSX rather than another Windows machine so I'm not sure what difference that is making. What version are you running? Do you have SSL enabled? Did you make any changes during install or leave as default so it runs as a service?
Gavin Bolton
Graham, Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. Your reply made me think and may have given me the solution. I'm currently using Synergy v1.8.0-beta-4ffscdd which I was hoping would solve my diconnect and clipboard issues (but doesn't). I have SSL enabled and run in elevated mode. Disabling SSL seems to allow me access to the virtual machine consoles. I'll run some more tests to confirm this.
  • 3 months later...
Brian Lee
Thanks Gavin....I was getting annoyed at shutting down Synergy whenever I wanted to use vSphere but disabling SSL fixed it. edit: spoke too soon...Worked the first time and then when I went back to vSphere about 20 minutes later, it's acting the same as before where I can't use my keyboard or mouse on the console and I have to stop the Synergy process.
I thought I was imagining things, but see it's not just me now. Sanity restored. I have managed to recreate pretty regularly to the point where I "think" I know what's related to it. It's related, in my case, to how the synergy layout configuration is done. For example: If I have my client configured to be to the [b]right[/b] of my server, and I open up a console window to an ESXi VM, if the mouse pointer touches the [b]right edge[/b] of my VM's guest operating system, all mouse and keyboard function inside the VM stops. If I have the client configured to be on [b]top[/b] of my server, and I open up a console window to an ESXi VM, if the mouse pointer touches the [b]top edge[/b] of my VM's guest operating system, all mouse and keyboard function inside the VM stops. This indeed seems to be a bug with how synergy handles the passing of the mouse and keyboard control when it hits the appropriate spot. However, it doesn't seem to be capable of detecting whether the edge the mouse is hitting is inside a VM running on the client or server, or the actual host operating system (not a VM.) I suspect that any change that happens will most likely involve adding logic to handle this scenario.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello guys, facing the same issue as well, kind of reinstalled every piece of vmware software and looked for every piece of trojan/virus on my PC before trying to stop synergy. I still found a workaround, first, point to your console (esx vsphere client or vmware workstation), then move your cursor to taskbar and click on any button. It will cause a right click on this button and you cursor will instantly move to vmware console. Click again and move slightly in any direction, you now have the focus on your console. Classic Ctrl + alt will allow you to leave console.
  • 4 weeks later...