Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hotkey that only works when mouse is on one monitor

I have a Windows 10 server and a MacBook client. The problem is that when my mouse is on the Mac I want to be able to use hotkeys for navigation shortcuts. As such, I've configured several hotkeys: mousebutton(Alt+4) = keystroke(Super+Left,MacBook.local) mousebutton(Alt+5) = keystroke(Super+Right,MacBook.local) mousebutton(4) = keystroke(Control+[,MacBook.local) mousebutton(5) = keystroke(Control+],MacBook.local) As you can see, when I hit Alt and use my browser-back/forward on my mouse, I want my Mac to switch Spaces left or right. Similarly, when I use the back/forward on my mouse, I want to send a browser back/forward command. However, my problem is that these hotkeys get sent to my mac even when my mouse (and focus) is on my Windows screen. If I use browser-back on my mouse in Windows, and if a browser is in the foreground on my Mac, both browsers go back at the same time. I would prefer to only send the hotkey to the computer that has focus. Is there any way to do that? Also, secondarily, is there any resource for reading about all the possibly commands I can use in the section:options portion of my .sgc file?
  • 1 month later...
Brian Sayatovic
I have the same setup, and the same problem (for different keystrokes). I've mapped my Home and End keystrokes, and my Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End keystrokes to send the appropriate keystrokes on my MacBook client: [code] keystroke(End) = keystroke(super+Right,bsayatovic-macbookpro.local) keystroke(Home) = keystroke(super+Left,bsayatovic-macbookpro.local) keystroke(Control+End) = keystroke(super+Down,bsayatovic-macbookpro.local) keystroke(Control+Home) = keystroke(super+Up,bsayatovic-macbookpro.local) [/code] Unfortunately, even when I'm focused on my Windows 7 server, those keystrokes still get sent to the MacBook.
Brian Sayatovic
I found a related post, [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=869&p=2635&hilit=keystroke+client#p2635[/url], but the OP never found a true fix, just a work-around leveraging the BetterTouchTool on the MacBook.
  • 3 months later...