Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multi Monitor Configuration... Help!

Hi there, I have a Windows PC running 3 monitors that I would like to use with my Macbook Pro. I've read through the text config and tried a few different things but I just can't grasp a full understanding of how to make synergy work with my setup. I would appreciate any and all help. I have a diagram below: [img]http://i.imgur.com/koCqn6T.png[/img]
The only way I can seem to enter the macbook pro screen (if I'm using the WindowsPC as the server) is through the bottom of the left monitor. This makes absolutely no sense to me! The below config was not working for me: section: links WindowsPC: down(25,75) = MBP(0,100) MBP: up(0,100) = WindowsPC(25,75) end
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
This problem comes from the way how synergy detect multi server/client monitor. Synergy interpret three Windows monitor as a one big monitor, as shown in Fig.1 [attachment=1]ScreenShot9.png[/attachment] A cursor cannot enter forbidden regions. Step 1 : Modify alignment of three displays on Windows (just setting. NOT ACTUAL POSITION) [attachment=0]ScreenShot8.png[/attachment] Red and green arrows show connections that will be defined Synergy. Step 2 : Edit cons file [code] WindowsPC: left(p,p+100-2x) = WindowsPC(2x, 100) right(2x, 100) = WindowsPC(p, p+100-2x) right(x+p, p+100-x) = WindowsPC(2x,100) left(2x,100)=WindowsPC(x+p, p+100-x) down(25,75) = MBP(0,100) MBP: up=WindowsPC(25,75) [/code] p is a offset of the upper side of windows center from the upper edge of windows left/right monitor (in %)
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
[attachment=1]screenshot10.png[/attachment] Remark : "Right" and "Left" in Fig.1 means "Right display" and "Left display" respectively. Please see Fig.2. [code] WindowsPC: left(p,p+100-x) = WindowsPC(x, 100) right(x, 100) = WindowsPC(p, p+100-x) right(p,p+100-x) = WindowsPC(x,100) left(x,100)=WindowsPC(p, p+100-x) down(25,75) = MBP(0,100) MBP: up=WindowsPC(25,75) [/code] Fig.2 is the result [attachment=0]screenshot11.png[/attachment] Edited by Guest
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
x (and p) is some integer. It must be filled. x=Hr/(Hr+Hc)*100 in Fig.2. Hr, Hc are height of the right display and the center display respectively.
David Devereaux-Weber
Travis, On the Windows configuration, line up all 3 Windows monitors so the bottom edges line up. Then Synergy can figure it out. I have a similar situation with 4 Windows monitors and a single-screen Mac Mini above. So I line up all my windows so the top edges line up. I can go up to the Mac from any of the 4 monitors, and the bottom of the Mac screen is divided into 4 sections to go down into 4 monitors.
[quote="David Devereaux-Weber"]Travis, On the Windows configuration, line up all 3 Windows monitors so the bottom edges line up. Then Synergy can figure it out. I have a similar situation with 4 Windows monitors and a single-screen Mac Mini above. So I line up all my windows so the top edges line up. I can go up to the Mac from any of the 4 monitors, and the bottom of the Mac screen is divided into 4 sections to go down into 4 monitors.[/quote] This is ultimately what I ended up doing. I couldn't see pictures and I have a PM but apparently I'm not "authorized". Thank you everyone for the help.