Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Need Help - Fatal error logging in

Steven Hoese
Code: 0 Error curl perform error: SSL connect error FATAL: an error occured: CURL perform failed I have recently been upgraded to a synergy pro user. I have attached a screenshot of an issue I am having on a MAC OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks. After I re-ran the wizard I encounter this error. Please advise.
  • 1 month later...
Marc Perry
Yes, my cut-and-paste disappeared, so I decided to upgrade, now when I try to install the client on Mac OS X 10 I get this same error: "An error occurred while trying to sign in. Please contact the helpdesk, and provide the following details" Error: An error occurred while trying to query the plugin Code: 1 Error: ERROR: curl perform error: SSL connect error FATAL: An error occurred: CURL perform failed I could not find an actual Email address for this mythical 'helpdesk', but I eventually found one for service@synergy. Let me tell you I breathed a huge sigh of relief when they told me: "Thank you for purchasing Synergy. The edition you purchased entitles you to self-support via the forums. If you require our direct phone or email support service, please upgrade using this link..." So what happens now? Does a a service representative here at the "Forums" call me back to help me fix this bug? ;)
  • 1 month later...
Wow you have had these questions up here for a long time. Synergy has been working heavily on development to solve these issues, and spending less time in the forum. If you have a Pro account, there are more options for Support and they would be shown in your "My account" page under the "Support" section, when you are logged into the Synergy website. To the best of my knowledge, this error doesn't happen when you skip the activation step during the setup wizard. I didn't find any existing bug about it however, it is just something a person at Synergy said to me. Steven, I don't see your attached screenshot. I hope you've been able to get Synergy working otherwise? Let us know your progress?
@Steven Hoese and @Marc Perry, I'm better informed now about activation process. If you have Synergy Basic, you can skip activation without consequence other than title in GUI will continue to say "unregistered." If you have Synergy Pro, you have other support options than this forum (check the "My account" while logged in at synergy-project.org). Also, the latest pre-1.7.4 builds have solved I think most issue with activation and errors related to SSL or plugins, and 1.7.4 should be released soon. http://synergy-project.org/nightly
  • 4 months later...
This is because your operating system does not trust the GoDaddy's root certificate. To fix that in Ubuntu, do these [code]wget --no-check-certificate "https://certs.godaddy.com/repository/gdroot-g2_cross.crt" sudo cp gdroot-g2_cross.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/gdroot-g2_cross.crt sudo update-ca-certificates [/code] You can use curl instead of wget to pull the file, obviously. If you are using another operating system, google how to add certificate to your server. e.g. [url]http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configuration/ssl-certificates/adding-trusted-root-certificates-to-the-server-1605.html[/url]
  • 1 year later...