Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard Input Issue

Hi All, I have recently been using this with no problems on my PC's, but after not using them over the weekend (and leaving them logged in and synchronised) I have an odd issue which seems to have arisen. There are accents all on all the vowels when I use the keyboard with the client. Has anyone seen this before, or any idea why this could be happening? The keyboard input is fine (UK English Extended) but it just seems to interpret foreign characters all of a sudden. Oddly none of the other characters have changed position as per a European or American layout. Bit stumped to be honest...
Alejandra Holguin Anderson
I am having the same kind of issue between two Macs (macbook air, both with El Capitan) using an apple bluetooth keyboard. Both server and client have Spanish-ISO layout configured, but when I type in the client, the whole right side of the keyboard has strange characters that don't belong to the Spanish-ISO keyboard. What would be a similar way to 'two press of Alt Gr' to get this back to normal on Mac?
Thanks Terry. For some reason I had the same issue this morning, although it was fine last night. I have a Windows 10 PC as the server and an iMac as the client. The problem was with vowels on the iMac (client) only. Double clicking the AltGr did the trick.
  • 3 months later...
Stephen O'Kane
[quote="Terry Gill"]Well - I did some further research and while I don't know the root cause, I did find that two press of the Alt Gr button turned it off.[/quote] This worked for me. How did you know to do it?