Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Dim inactive computers / screens

Adam Plocher
This is a feature that I've thought would be really cool even without Synergy, but I think Synergy could take this idea and really kick ass with it. The ability to dim monitors (including remote computers/monitors) that don't have the mouse on it. Or, possibly some sort of in-your-face notification like a giant green box around the monitor (maybe it fades out, maybe not) when you switch screens. That way if you have 5 monitors, there's no question which one has your input captured.
  • 1 month later...
Leeam Dagan
+100000000000000000 Allow the % of dimming to be customizable and this feature could be revolutionary.. right now... THE WORST part about this setup is that I need to manually wake the machines up out of sleep (which means plugging my wireless mouse into 3 diffrent usb cords, one at time, then reconnect the servers.. IF this was implemented correctly, and actually lowered the monitors brightness to near off (allowing us to customize that amount in case reading from one screen and typing on another) one could set the monitors to never turn off and thus not have to deal with the clients dropping connections. Thinking more about it, id even like to be able to hit away button and lower all even the active monitors brightness to 5%