Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Crashes on OS X 10.7.5

Ray Fleischmann
Description Hello, I download the latest OS X 10.7 version and when I started it it "blew up' ;-( -Regards, -Ray Fleischmann NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: /var/folders/f7/qlc3npsd3kx4r_2tdg43f_mxryydhf/T/Synergy.ux3048 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process ///////////////////////////////////////// NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: /var/folders/f7/qlc3npsd3kx4r_2tdg43f_mxryydhf/T/Synergy.ux3048 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: /var/folders/f7/qlc3npsd3kx4r_2tdg43f_mxryydhf/T/Synergy.KM3048 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting server NOTE: command: /Applications/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergys -f --no-tray --debug DEBUG2 --name 9858-215-rfleisch.browardschools.local --enable-drag-drop --enable-crypto -c /var/folders/f7/qlc3npsd3kx4r_2tdg43f_mxryydhf/T/Synergy.Jj3048 --address :24800 NOTE: config file: /var/folders/f7/qlc3npsd3kx4r_2tdg43f_mxryydhf/T/Synergy.BM3048 NOTE: log level: DEBUG2 INFO: drag and drop enabled DEBUG: opening configuration "/var/folders/f7/qlc3npsd3kx4r_2tdg43f_mxryydhf/T/Synergy.Jj3048" DEBUG: configuration read successfully DEBUG1: thread 0x00000002 entry DEBUG: plugins dir: /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins DEBUG: loading plugin: libns.dylib DEBUG1: caught cancel on thread 0x00000002 ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.dylib FATAL: An error occurred: dlopen(/Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib, 1): Symbol not found: _NXArgv Referenced from: /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib in /Users/p00015282/Library/Synergy/Plugins/libns.dylib NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process
Jay Imerman
I have the same issue. I also have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.10, Synergy works great on that. It appears it is only with the 10.7 version of Synergy.
I have the same OS versions as Jay, with OSX10.10 running as server and 10.7 running as client. Since the Synergy Pro update, it won't start in either mode on 10.7.
Philip Zern
Is there any help for this or are we just venting? Nick, I paid my money and installed your latest, now I want some help!
I just downloaded 1.7.2 but it still crashes on start on OSX 10.7.5. It works fine on OSX 10.10. I've been able to work around the issue by installing an older version of Synergy (1.6.3), but you need to make sure you turn SSL off or they won't connect to each other.
David Devereaux-Weber
I, too have this issue with Synergy Pro 1.7.2 on OS X 10.7.5. The work-around is to disable SSL and then, on the OS X 10.7.5 system, go into the directory /Users/"your user name"/Library/Synergy/Plugins/ and delete the file libns.dylib The directory /Users/"your user name"/Library/ is normally hidden, so you will need to have Finder open and use the pull-down menu "Go" and pick "Go to Folder.." then use the string above, using your username. Then, on the server and other clients, go into the Synergy Preferences and uncheck the box for use SSL Encryption. The Synergy development team needs to figure out why libns.dylib crashes on OS X 10.7.5.
Jay Imerman
David, thanks! I never thought to turn SSL off. Interestingly enough, on the 10.7.5 machine I did not have a Synergy folder under ~/Library, but once I turned off SSL it worked great. I don't care about SSL because I only use this at home, where I am not concerned about someone intercepting the remote control traffic.
Eduardo Rizo
[quote="David Devereaux-Weber"]I, too have this issue with Synergy Pro 1.7.2 on OS X 10.7.5. The work-around is to disable SSL and then, on the OS X 10.7.5 system, go into the directory /Users/"your user name"/Library/Synergy/Plugins/ and delete the file libns.dylib The directory /Users/"your user name"/Library/ is normally hidden, so you will need to have Finder open and use the pull-down menu "Go" and pick "Go to Folder.." then use the string above, using your username. Then, on the server and other clients, go into the Synergy Preferences and uncheck the box for use SSL Encryption. The Synergy development team needs to figure out why libns.dylib crashes on OS X 10.7.5.[/quote] Thank you. This fixed the issue with Synergy (client) crashing on my Mac running 10.7.5.
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
Hey everyone, I'm really sorry about the SSL bugs. Its a new feature which we tested it well, but what we're seeing here are the minority of cases which we didn't test. [b]Workaround:[/b] Disable SSL in Settings (until we fix the bug you're experiencing). We're working on a fix for most of the SSL bugs in 1.7.3, which we aim to release in 2 weeks: https://github.com/synergy/synergy/mile ... 7.3-stable Stay tuned! Thanks, Nick
Disabling SSL in settings does not help on OSX 10.7, as the crash is caused when loading the plugin (which happens whether it's enabled or not). The plugin must be deleted.
Ron Julian
Been having the same problem for almost a week and have not be able to successfully implement any work-around. Also had no success going back to Synergy 1.6.3. Any idea when an update with a fix will be released? I'm running W7-64 with a OS 10.7.5. I'm no guru so a simple fix w/o too much system manual intervention would be deeply appreciated. I've read many of the posts had have similar problems with libns.dylib and a "Symbol not found: _NXArgv". Thanks in advance, Ron [quote="Eduardo Rizo"][quote="David Devereaux-Weber"]I, too have this issue with Synergy Pro 1.7.2 on OS X 10.7.5. The work-around is to disable SSL and then, on the OS X 10.7.5 system, go into the directory /Users/"your user name"/Library/Synergy/Plugins/ and delete the file libns.dylib The directory /Users/"your user name"/Library/ is normally hidden, so you will need to have Finder open and use the pull-down menu "Go" and pick "Go to Folder.." then use the string above, using your username. Then, on the server and other clients, go into the Synergy Preferences and uncheck the box for use SSL Encryption. The Synergy development team needs to figure out why libns.dylib crashes on OS X 10.7.5.[/quote] Thank you. This fixed the issue with Synergy (client) crashing on my Mac running 10.7.5.[/quote]
[quote="Nick Bolton"] [b]Workaround:[/b] Disable SSL in Settings (until we fix the bug you're experiencing). We're working on a fix for most of the SSL bugs in 1.7.3, which we aim to release in 2 weeks: https://github.com/synergy/synergy/mile ... 7.3-stable Stay tuned![/quote] Thanks for the work-around. Can you or another reader confirm that 'Disable SSL in Settings' on OS X can be done via the following? Mouse to menu bar > (application menu) Synergy > Preferences > Encryption > un-check Enable? And this needs to be done on both client and server? Thanks, David
  • 2 years later...