Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy Pro 1.7.5 randomly disconnects

Hi folks. Server is running Debian 8. Client is running Ubuntu 15.10. Client randomly disconnects. On the client around the time of the disconnect I see: INFO: detected process not running, auto restarting On the client try to reconnect I see: ERROR: failed to connect secure socket Then on the server I see: WARNING: a client with name "foo" is already connected I know there is no network connectivity issue because I have been running iperf in the background as follows: On the server: iperf -s -u On the client: iperf -u -c <serverip> -t 100000 Then after a connectivity loss I issue ctrl+c on the client and see there are _zero_ lost packets.
More info on this. I can usually get the client to reconnect by closing the synergy process on the client and restarting it. However this is extremely annoying, especially with it happening every 5-10 minutes. I noticed that the disconnect will get triggered sometimes when I move the mouse from the client to the server. I try to move the mouse back immediately and I cannot. This is clearly a bug. Any thoughts on a workaround? Thanks!
Michael Rutherford
I can confirm this also happens on Mac OSX 10.11.3 (server) and Red Hat Enterprise 7.2 (client), Synergy 1.7.5. Agreed that it is very annoying to have to restart the client.
I have tried synergy 1.7.4 and 1.8.0 and same problem. I used to use synergy about a year ago and it worked great. It's a shame it doesn't seem to work at all anymore. I would love to get this fixed however. $20 via paypal if you can solve my problem. Thanks!
Steven Arsenault
Does the same thing to me on Windows 7. I'm connecting two windows 7 computers. Ever couple of minutes it kicks my mouse back to the server. The log does not note that there was an error, it just wont let my mouse back onto the client. The log does note however that my mouse is travelling back and forth, however I can't see it or do anything on the client. Very very very obnoxious. would love to get this fixed
Patrick Traylor
Same thing happens to me. Server is running Synergy Pro 1.7.5 (64-bit) on a Windows 7 Enterprise PC. Client is a MacBook Air running Synergy 1.7.5 on OS 10.11.3. The systems connect, then as soon as I move the mouse to the client screen, it begins cycling through a connect-disconnect routine that only stops when I stop Synergy. Have rebooted both machines; no help. The error is intermittent. I've been using Synergy for a couple of years through many versions; never saw this problem.
  • 2 weeks later...
As with the above posts I have also been using Synergy for a number of years but noticed the disconnections starting to happen about 2-3 versions back. The older versions (1.4.x branch) of Synergy was incredibly stable and I was using it across various flavours of Ubuntu and Windows. When it happens both the server and client(s) show that the connection is active but it isn't. As a previous post states, when you restart the service on a client it will re-initiate and work okay for a while again. There is no loss of network connectivity between client and server, and as yet no specific action that I can pinpoint it down to as the trigger. Current environment: Synergy 1.7.5. Server is Ubuntu 14.04 x64 with KDE. Client is Ubuntu 15.04 x32 with LXDE. I'm seriously considering going back to 1.4.18 just to get the stability again until this issue has been resolved as it seems a number of people are experiencing the same problems and so far not a single word or indication from the developers to say that they are aware of it and working on it. Werner
Tom Greene
I see the exact same thing with Mint 17.3 on both sides. I think I'm going to go back to 1.6.3. I never had any issues with the 1.6 branch. All 1.7.X versions just don't work very well anymore.
As indicated in my previous post I dropped back to 1.4.18 but had some issues with mouse rollovers that weren't displaying properly. No disconnections though the whole day I was using it. Today I did a fresh install of 1.7.4 and so far so good. No disconnections since the install early this morning and everything else is working as expected. Its been about 12 hours now and going strong. :) The rest of the environment is exactly the same as indicated in my previous post.
Luis Villegas
I am having the same issue. Main server Windows 7, Client CentOS 6.7. Works great. and then randomly when you try and cross over, disconnect and dead synergy session. I also have a bunch of issues with loosing my highlighting capabilities, shift key getting stuck and a lot of other things. This software was much better before it went to a paid version....
Some follow-up feedback on my previous post... Been using 1.7.4 now since the 02nd March and its been 98% stable. I only had 1 or 2 disconnects over these 8 days and all functionality has been working exactly as expected. It seems this is the best version to drop back to if you are experiencing the random disconnects and functionality issues. It definitely solves the 1.7.5 problems... For the environment that I tested it in just refer back to my previous posts in this same thread. Hopefully this will help some of the people experiencing the same problems. Maybe other users on a different platform can test and report back their findings and the specifics of their environment?
This happens to me between Windows 10 and Fedora 23 as well as between Windows 7 and Fedora 23. I have paid for this app at this point can we at least get an acknowledgement that this bug is being worked on? I will happily send any logs and even donate 20 more dollars if it means this annoyance gets solved soon. I have observed it in 1.7.5 and 1.8.0
  • 1 year later...