Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse buttons 4 and 5

Hi How do I get mouse buttons 4 and 5 (the ones on the side) to work on the client? I'm trying to navigate back and forward in my browser but those keys are not working with synergy. Thanks
I had an old Logitech mouse which these buttons used to work with, but I've since upgraded to the Logitech MX Master and now the Back/Forward buttons no longer work. Server is OS X with Windows 10 as the client. When I run the mouse on Windows directly, the Back/Forward buttons work with zero configuration. It would also be nice if the horizontal scrolling could work as well.
Actually just ran a test, and I've realised that Logitech's "Options" software was intercepting the standard mouse clicks. I uninstalled the software and the Forward/Back buttons work again.
  • 7 months later...
Stefan Schunck

Hey there, Rhys!

What do you mean? Do I have to uninstall the Logitech Setpoint software on my server (Windows 7) machine?

I'm using the Logitech M500 mouse and the K750 solar keyboard. I just purchased Synergy, cause I experienced problems using Microsofts "Mouse without Borders". Actually it was working like a charm, but sometimes it would just stop working on my remote machine, until I applied the settings again. I found that al ittle bit disturbing, so I purchased the Synergy software.

Anyway, with synergy my back & forward buttons are not working on my client PC (Windows 10).

So, do you have any suggestions?

P.S.: Everything would be fine, if these mouse buttons would work. But honestly: If not, I would reclaim my money...

Stefan Schunck

I really don't know why, but after rebooting both machines this morning, the side buttons do work on my client PC. I didn't change the settings or anything like that.

So, for now everything's working fine. :)