Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Help! My mouse is slow!!

Nicole Kreiss
I have a PC and Mac connected. My PC is the server, and my mouse is so slow. It also glitches all day long. I have to lift the mouse just ever so slightly to move around smoothly. It freezes and then it pops up on the opposite side. Or the cursor will disappear and then reappear somewhere else. Is anyone else having this problem? I have switched out my batteries and even bought a new mouse. I am using a Logitech mouse. I have the newest version of Synergy (I dont know how to find out) but i downloaded the newest version about 2 weeks ago on my server and client. My Mac is 10.10.1 and my PC is running Windows 7. Is anyone else having this problem?!?!
Guest Jerry Hou
Are you using Synergy 1.7.1 with wireless connection on you Mac client? If so, you may want to try out Synergy 1.7.2
Matthew Malone
I'm having the same issue. This update broke everything for me. There was so much lag that it was really difficult to uninstall the app. As soon as I launch Synergy on my Windows 7 machine (as the server) it stops responding. How is this stable?
Nicole Kreiss
What do you mean by stable? Does anyone know of another program that will connect a Mac keyboard to a Mac and PC. I spend so much of my day trying to figure out the problems with my mouse and trying to get my mouse to go where I want. It is driving me insane and obviously i have to have a program that connects my keyboard to both computers. I didnt know this was going to be such an issue. I have switched mouses, everything!!
Matthew Malone
[quote="Nicole Kreiss"]What do you mean by stable?[/quote] I'm just referring to the fact that this is supposed to be a stable release. I'm beyond frustrated with this at this point.
Nicole Kreiss
Does anyone know of another program I can even BUY that does the same thing as Synergry? Like i have stated before, I spend so many of my hours trying to fix my mouse issue. I cant handle it anymore!!!
Adam Foisey
I'm on 1.7.1, and i notice the sluggishness of the mouse on my client computers, but it's not all the time. Usually if I just let the mouse sit for a bit, it will get caught up and act normally. My guess is that there's a bottleneck causing a low speed between the server and client synergy sessions, which causes the mouse to act sluggish. I'm nervous about upgrading to 1.7.2 because of the posts here on the forums, so hopefully something is done about it in 1.7.3. For me, it's not too bad, but kind of annoying when it does happen. Unfortunately, it's a sporadic issue, so troubleshooting it would be kind of rough unless there is a monitoring tool for synergy to tell when it gets bogged down.
Nicole - Very odd. Is there any way you can plug in your system to the network, rather than using wireless? Adam - There is a very complicated bug at work here, which I thought was worked around in 1.7.2, but if people are still experiencing it then I guess not. I would like to see the results of a continuous ping between the client and the server, and see if the response time spikes up at the same time the mouse goes flaky. That is the best indication I've seen so far of this bug. I realize this is complicated to do but would help the Synergy team a lot in identifying and correcting the problem.
Adam Foisey
I'm running a continuous ping now, and i do see jumps in response time from 3-5ms to 100-1400ms when the mouse becomes jerky. I don't see where I can upload a log, but that's the general gist of what I'm seeing.