Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows 10 Start up? The handle is invalid. Fix or Update?

Jim Applebaugh
I see other posts about the missing "run at startup" with no answers. I've wasted a lot of time with trying to get this to start up on windows 10. Run synergy... ERROR: failed to launch, error: The handle is invalid. Run synergys/synergyc I get a big log window that I can't close with out closing the program. Older versions run just fine. I paid $10 to have updated versions but... they don't seem to work.
I have the synergy application running on windows 10 without any problems. When are you recieving this error? I am running version 1.7.5 and it does not really create that much of an issue. Is this the first time you run it?
Jim Applebaugh
Yup 1.7.5 on 3 different computers. They all give the same error if started by the launcher (synergy.exe). Just see the error scrolling by over & over again. Never fully starts. Starting either server or client from the command line gives me a cmd window box that shows the error log. Closing it closes synergy. Example startup: (/min is to at least minimize the stupid thing log window) START /min C:\MyStuff\MyApps\Synergy\synergys.exe --debug FATAL --config C:\MyStuff\MyApps\Synergy\ConfigMain.sgc As a side note I noticed if I'm running a game such as Everquest all mouse clicks, click on both client & server. The old version didn't do this but was wildly erratic on mouse speeds in a game window on a client.
I am not 100% sure but this sounds a bit like a configuration that has gone bogus. As mentioned I have 2 win machines and 1 mac. None of them show this kind of behaviour you are mentioning. Maybe you could try to uninstall the application, clear all the old configurations (back them up) and then try a fresh setup. Starting with Server install and then only configure one client at the time? Sorry if I am not much help but I start the application from the .exe using the GUI not from the commandline.
Jim Applebaugh
I uninstalled it a number of times. Started from scratch too. I messed with it for a couple day. Synergy has always been my go to software KVM for years now but I can't get it to work & the paid for update was worse so... yeah. Trying other software now.