Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Program only works when Eset v8.0 has focus

Rene Nierop
I have two win 7 64 pc's ,One monitor each. Server and client side have no errors or warnings. Program only works when I have ESET Antivirus v 8.0 in focus on server side. I can move from screen to screen with no problems all day long as long as the ESET Antivirus is in focus on server side. No matter if the firewall and virus is disabled or not. Anyone know what the issue is?
This seems very odd. No idea why that would cause a problem really. It should not really matter that much. Is the application blocking anything with the port at all? (just guessing right now) You could always change the debug level of the logs to see what happens however it seems more likely it could be a bug. Please check on: https://github.com/symless/synergy/issues if your problem might have been reported as a bug already. If not then you could always add one. Hope this helps.
Rene Nierop
Thanks for the reply. I also figured out, that it also works with Python Idle 2.7.10. But only if the window is in focus and a certain size. Makes zero logical sense, but it is what it is. I think either port are good. I will check on github to see if there is a problem like this! Thanks.