Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Making Clients capture keystrokes from Server.

Hello. I've been recommended Synergy for the thing i want to do: Setting up several virtual machines "clients" and making all of them work in unison with "server" - my PC. So if i type "qwerty" on my server, clients will type this too - without need of switching to another screen. Right now i can freely switch between server and client by dragging my mouse between them, but that's not exactly what i want. I tried setting "hotkeys" in server settings but they don't seem to work at all. What should i do? Im using synergy 1.7.5 64-bit with win7 on both server and client, VM created with VMware.
Hello, I am not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that you have 2 computers with 2 monitors and want to switch to the vmware virtualboxes using synergy? Could you maybe explain it a bit more in detail?
I have 1 computer with 1 VM on it and i want it to copy my PC keystrokes. So, for example, i have notepad open on both my PC and on VM and i type "hello" it will type it on both my PC and VM simultaneously, without need to switch to VM. Right now i can swich just fine: i drag my mouse out of bounds of my first monitor and i can see myself on VM: i can type, i can click, everything. But i can't seem to make hotkeys work. They won't use keystrokes i assigned, won't change screens - nothing. And it doesn't matter on which screen i am (PC or VM) - they don't work either way. Although as i thought about it, maybe it's the problem of VMware, can't figure out.
IMO I believe you are looking for something that synergy is not. Synergy in general is design to share keyboard and mouse on regular machines not to be mistaken with VM what is a virtual machine. This however is what I believe you are trying to do. And it does not really work in that way you are asking. However I might be wrong. I have not tried it so can't say if this is correct or how to fix it. Sorry. :(