Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

drag & drop / copy and paste

Phil Polizzo
having issues with drag & drop and copy and paste copy and paste of text from server to client works okay, but not the other way around. drag and drop and copy and paste of files doesn't work either way. when trying to drag and drop from one to the other, the mouse hangs up at the window edge. I've searched the problem, seems I'm not the only one. sources quoted for a fix in the thread I selected ended up being 404. running Synergy 1.7.5 on both Win 7 pro (client) and Ubuntu 15.10 (server)
Andrew Pearson
I am seeing this problem with 1.7.6 - Server is Windows 10 64bit, Client is Windows 7 64bit I can copy/paste text from my client machine to my server, but when I try to copy/paste anything on the server to itself, it doesn't work. I can drag the text to copy, but ctrl-c/ctrl-v or right-click copy/paste does nothing.
Andrew, on the Synergy server, Synergy does not do anything _to_ the copy/paste functions, it only reads the clipboard. So if something is not working with copy/paste on the server itself, I would have to suspect that something other than Synergy is causing it. Possibly some interaction between Synergy and another app? Do you have any clipboard related utilities running?