Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Two Dual Monitor setup

Bay Thammavongsa

Bay Thammavongsa
Been searching and I can't find a direct answer so I'll post here. So I have my main computer. Dual monitor. Extra monitor to my left. Running Windows 10. To the right of that machine, is another set of dual monitors. Running Windows 7. Looks like this [Secondary Win10 (Server)][Primary Win10 (Server)][Primary Win7 (Client)[Secondary Win7 (Client)] Mouse won't scroll over to the other computer if I have Secondary win10 monitor active. If I disable the monitor and just run 1 monitor on the server computer then it works as normal. Is this a limitation to the software or am I missing some configuration? I had it setup interactively and tried a configuration file so no go. Ideas/thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  • 2 months later...
Daniel Isenberg
I also have this issue. I have a laptop running windows 10 as my server and another laptop running Linux mint 13 as the client. The server has a second monitor attached with an HDMI cable. If I start the connection with the cable plugged in, the client will connect with the server but will not share the mouse. If I start the connection with the cable unplugged, then the mouse is shared as intended. If I plug in the cable after it is connected, I can use the mouse on all of the second monitor on the server, and half of the primary monitor of the server. When I get to roughly the middle of the screen, it detects it as crossing over the the clients screen, but will not allow the mouse to move more than a few pixels over. At that point the mouse is shown on both the server and client screen. I tried setting the linux laptop as the server, but it said that it was an incompatible version or something when I tried to connect. (probably because the software manager is using a very old version, so I will try downloading it and compiling the most recent version on the linux box later to see what happens. But yeah, it would be very useful to have this work. It would basically allow me to have any number of screens at my disposal.