Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hotkeys not working

Hi - My setup is a Macbook Pro (server) using an additional monitor and Macbook screen with a Windows 8 Client. I am trying to setup a hotkey (alt+3) to switch to to Windows 8 Client from the Mac. Anytime I'm on the Macbook or add. monitor, nothing happens (debug log below). I found this site: [url]https://github.com/symless/synergy/issues/3705[/url] and it states that hotkeys don't work on a Mac server. Is that correct? If so, this makes Synergy useless to me. [2016-03-06T07:56:42] DEBUG: registered hotkey Alt+\u00a3 (id=00a3 mask=0004) as id=1 [2016-03-06T07:56:42] DEBUG: could not map hotkey id=ef14 mask=0000 [
Hello David, Can you test to do a different hotkey setup to see if that works? It might be that the keybindings does not work and in that case just add a comment to the issue and hopefully the developers can have a look asap. If you have a solution/patch for it then it is also welcome to the github page.
Hi Somnium - I've tried multiple different keys and actions, but nothing works. Any other tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Edward McLain
Using 2 Mac's on 10.11 with Synergy 1.7.5 and have the same experience. No matter what key combination I try I can't get hotkeys to function. Ed
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Michael Gustafsson
Hi Having similar issue. Running Mac 10.11 as server (synergy 1.7.6) with a windows 7 client. I can't get Hot keys to work and the Mac keyboard is not working at all on the windows 7 client. Any ideas how to solve it? //Michael
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jesse Keefe
I'm having a similar issue. I was hoping to create a setup similar to how Parallels works. So, I could continue to use the same keyboard shortcuts for Mac, when the Keyboard/Mouse were on my Windows machine. Setup (Windows - Client) (Mac - Server)
  • 1 month later...
Chris Brubaker

Just throwing my hat into the ring, I too cannot get hotkeys to work using the mac client and server setup. I'm running osx 10.11 and synergy 1.8.2.stable.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
kylemurphey

Running Mac OS 10.12.5 and synergy-v1.8.8-stable MacOSX-x86_64 as server. Hotkeys do not work on the server.  They only work on my Windows client.  I'm fairly disappointed this has been a problem for so long.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6 with Synergy Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 as server. I have a Debian client, where hotkeys work. On the Mac server no hotkeys work at all, not even if I set it to a single characted such as "a". 

I thought it was because I'm using Karabiner to modify keys, but even after completely turning this off this problem persists. It also seems that this issue is affecting alot of other people in this post.

When can we expect a fix to this? 

Edited by swediepie

6 minutes ago, swediepie said:

I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6 with Synergy Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 as server. I have a Debian client, where hotkeys work. On the Mac server no hotkeys work at all, not even if I set it to a single characted such as "a". 

I thought it was because I'm using Karabiner to modify keys, but even after completely turning this off this problem persists. It also seems that this issue is affecting alot of other people in this post.

When can we expect a fix to this? 

When can we expect a fix to this? @Andrew Nelless @Joe Abasolo

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Same issue with Windows 10 as the server and OSX 10.14.5 as the client with Synergy 1.11.0.

I've found that I can send single keys, so for example press control+l on the PC to send l to the mac, but as soon as I add a control character to the hotkey being sent to the mac (control, alt or even shift), the mac doesn't seem to get anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...