Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy for Android

A. G. Chernosky
Synergy for Android Phone (LG G4) and Tablet. Wouldn't it be great to be able to reply and use your phone with your computers mouse and keyboard?
  • Like 1
Niall Parker
This is a very common feature request, be nice to see some progress on it. The project on sourceforge seems abandoned, maybe it can serve as the base ? Alternatively maybe a Synergy developer can make a sticky post about why they don't think it is worth doing ...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Carlos Rafael Ramirez
Hello, Use case: I am used to use two monitors at office. When I go home I really miss the two monitors when using the tiny laptop screen. I use Synergy with a windows tablet to have experience like having two monitors. It can be useful if the tablet is android or ios as well. Regards, Carlos
Murray Smart
Any progress on this, I purchased the software thinking it would let me control my android phone but this has not happened as the software on sourceforge is not working with the Windows/Mac app.
Niall Parker
@Murray - you might get a refund offer, it is not on their development plan at this time and no indication when/if it ever will be. Probably need some android experts to get involved, I'd certainly contribute toward a bounty !
Mitch McLean
I believe demand for an Android version will increase as more devices (not necessarily just phones and tablets, but also single-board computers such as the Raspberry Pi 3 [[url]http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/05/google-to-bring-official-android-support-to-the-raspberry-pi-3/[/url]] and ODROID devices [[url]http://www.hardkernel.com/main/main.php[/url]]) use Android. I don't have any data to back up this claim, but with negligible competition so far it seems Synergy is already in a position to corner this market. I think it may be worth investigating, at least.
Harrison Fry
I would just like to voice my wish to see this on android. I don't have a second monitor but I do have an Android tablet that I would like to use as a secondary screen. :D