Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

"Error occurred while trying to sign in"

Cameron Barrows
New Synergy user here - installed the server instance just fine on a Win 7 Pro 64bit SP1 box (64bit installation file), but running into issues on my client instance on a Windows XP 32bit Pro SP3 box (32bit installation file). The error comes when Activating and I enter my email and password: "An error occurred while trying to sign in. Please contact the helpdesk, and provide the following details. Code 1 Error: [2016-03-15T12:49:14] FATAL: An error occurred: Unknown error, code 12057." I tried multiple times to activate, all with the same results. I cannot change the operating system on the client computer, so hopefully this is not an incompatibility with XP. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
  • 1 month later...
Zach Wright
I am also having this issue. Did you end up finding the resolution? I signed in on my primary desktop, and less than a minute later tried to sign in on my laptop and received that same exact error, verbatim.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Rick Webb
I am having the Exact same issue. I have my "Server" on WinXP. I got it installed but can't register it on the WinXP. I registered it on both my Windows 7 and Window 8.1 PC. But same as you they won't connect.