Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Caps Lock Key binding issue - Synergy btwn Win10/Ubu14

Bradford Stimpson
Hello, I have been experiencing an issue and I am not sure if this is a bug or configuration issue. I have the following configuration: [list]Win10 with Synergy 1.7.5 setup as the server Linux Mint 17.1 with Synergy 1.7.6 setup as the client (3.13.0-37-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 22 21:28:38 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)[/list:u] On the Linux client, I have setup the following keymap which is run at startup: [code]setxkbmap -option '' -option 'ctrl:nocaps'[/code] From the keyboard directly connected to the linux machine, using the caps lock as control works perfectly fine. However, from Synergy [u]pressing of the Caps Lock key is not recognized on the linux machine[/u]. I ran [b]xev[/b] and the key press is not registered at all. In fact, when I press the Caps_lock key, Synergy seems to ignore all subsequent key presses until I press the Caps_lock key again. This feels like a bug between the interaction of synergy and setskbmap but if it is indeed a configuration issue, I would appreciate your help. Many Thanks, Brad