Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.6 hanging up in OSX 10.11.3

Manish Haria
New user here... Running 10.11.3. Everything was working fine, then I was tinkering with settings. IP wasn't holding, checking on this and that, setting it as a login item, etc. But now at some point... I only get this (see attached screenshot). Everything is greyed out. I get a quick flash of "Configuration file is not set" when I launch, but that's it. Can't see it, only the menu bar icon. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried an older version. Same. Tried deleting from /Library/Synergy/, same. Is there something else I need to do or delete to get it to reset back so I can start over? Thanks guys.
Manish Haria1491393336
Ok, well I was able to get it working again. I tried a number of uninstallers, then installed and uninstalled a couple of older versions and eventually it worked. Anyone have any thoughts on what might have happened?
  • 2 months later...
I had the same problem with v1.7.6 running on Mac OS X 10.10.5. I was able to resolve it by removing v1.7.6 with AppCleaner, installing v1.6.3, then upgrading to v1.7.6 again. (I should mention that I had to kill the synergy process from the command line in order for AppCleaner to completely remove Synergy v1.7.6) Thank you for the idea Manish :) I hope this helps someone.