Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multiple Server IP addresses?

Nikola Ivetic
My server is on my local network, and my client is going currently through VPN. My VPN does not allow me to access LAN when connected. So when I am connected to VPN, then I call my server by IP address through port 80 and it works. Problem is when I dont want my work computer to be on LAN I have to change the server IP to point to the local address 192.168.x.x in order to connect. I wish there was a way to specify multiple server IP addesses? If there is, how? so when I log in to VPN it works, and when I log out it works again. Thanks,
  • 4 weeks later...
Craig Kelley
I have the same issue. I bought the product because I read this wasn't an issue. Otherwise I would have continued to use Microsoft Garage Mouse Share. It worked perfectly except for over VPN. How to fix this?
  • 1 year later...

Please check the workaround to use a dyndns.org or other dynamic DNS service to register a name for your home network/server which should allow you to control your work computer if it can lookup the proper IP. Make sure you have SSL enabled (you don't want your traffic bare on the internet) and that you have a static IP in your local network when you set up the port forward in your router/firewall so you don't have things poking randomly at computers on your network at that IP.