Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Failed to connect to server: Timed out

Luan Duy Vu
Hi, I just purchased Synergy today and have followed all preliminary setup instructions/trouble shooting/server configuration suggestions. Have not been able to get this to work. It seems to be a topical point of dicsussion on the forums with regards to 1.7.6. I'm running two windows 10, one through ethernet, one through wifi. Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem?
Adam Foisey
I am also getting this on Windows 10 on version 1.7.5. I debated on upgrading to see if that fixes it, but your post makes me question it. Was there an auto-update that happened last night? I am able to ping to my server with no issues, both are on Windows 10. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know and I'm glad to help. Thanks,
Adam Foisey
@Luan Duy Vu: I found that this started when I installed Vipre Internet Security Pro 2016. The firewall was blocking the synergy service from connecting. You may want to check into your own firewalls. Edit: To clarify, adding synergys.exe to the allowed apps through the firewall solved the issue.
  • 2 weeks later...
Ken Rider
I'm having the same (similar) problem. I've tried turning off the firewall on both the client and server but it hasn't made a difference. I actually didn't think it would as it seems to work, randomly stop and randomly start repeatedly so I don't think it's a firewall issue. However, I have the Synergy client open so I can watch the logging go by and it just popped up a Zero Configuration Service dialog with the only content being "Error code: -65563." But it didn't seem to make a difference as the client is again disconnected from the server.
Ken Rider
Just to follow up on my previous post... Since I restarted both the client and the server after the zero configuration error, I haven't had to restart either since.