Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

cut and paste not working or drag and drop on new install

Sam Smith
Hi, I'm brand spankin new to synergy: I'm loving the software But i'm not getting cut and paste or drag and drop to work. I'm running a 4x2 four monitors and 2 windows 7 machines. If I'm not posting my info right please tell me where I need to look to give you the info you need. I didn't read the forum rules. any help would be appreciated
Robert Coursey
Having the same problem here. In short it appears that any click-hold so you can select/move text fails to work while server mode is enabled. For example: - If I have a word doc open that has a table in it and I try to drag the edges to expand the table, it won’t do it. It acts as if you just clicked and released. - If I’m composing an email and want to click ‘n highlight some verbiage to copy somewhere, it won’t. It, again, acts as if you just clicked and released. Also found that it appears to really cause headaches when trying to utilize connections into any VM system. This is whether trying to use a VM via VSphere or locally within VMs inside VirtualBox. However, if I turn Server mode off everything starts working properly. This is seen with and without actually being connected to another PC. Running Windows 7 Pro with Synergy version 1.7.6 (registered).