Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy breaks Steam Controller

Jonathan George
Not sure where the best place to report bugs is, but this was a pretty annoying discovery. I had Synergy running in the background (unaware it was even there) and wasn't actively running any server or connecting to one and it prevented my Steam Controller from emulating keyboard commands. As soon as I disabled Synergy it started working again. If I reopened it, it would break again. I was working with another person who also had the issue on the Steam forums. He also was using Synergy. Hope this post helps get it fixed and lets other people know about it. I'm sure if it can interfere with the Steam Controller, it might be interfering with other I/O devices as well. Love using Synergy, but now it looks like I'll have to kill it manually in Task Manager every time I want to play some games. Cheers
  • 10 months later...
Juhász, Ádám

Thanks for sharing this!

I had an issue under Windows 10 that rendered my physical keyboard/mouse useless using Synergy and something else I have never been able to figure out what was that if any. Due to that, the only solution was for me to uninstall Synergy.

After about half a year, I once again needed Synergy, and I have installed the latest Synergy (which was 1.8.7, build date: 2017-01-19) and the keyboard/mouse works, and (after upgrading it under my Mac as well) even the language specific keys works well. There is one catch though, I have not yet restarted my Windows 10 PC since the installation of Synergy, so this could change. :?

I do not know any issue regarding the Steam Controller as I had no Steam Controller back then, but I keep a sharp eye out on both issues. :shock: