Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac OSX 10.11 server keyboard issue

Michael Gustafsson

Michael Gustafsson
Hi, I am currently trying set up Mac as the server and a Windows 7 as client. The issue i'm seeing is that I can get the mouse to work but not the keyboard. I've tried several things to resolve this such as changing keyboard input etc. It works fine whenever I put the Windows 7 as server and Mac as client. Does anybody have a working solution on how to get this resolved? //Michael
  • 3 weeks later...
Mykel Alvis
Same problem/different setup. This worked up until the last couple of days. OSX 10.10.5 server. Fedora 19 clients. Upgraded all clients to 1.7.6 (server was already at 1.7.6). All mouse events are sent to client. No keyboard events are sent to client. Keyboard events are retained locally by the server, so when move the mouse to the client and type, the keystrokes show up on the server. Setting DEBUG2 in the server allows me to see that no keyboard events are being logged by Synergy. The "Secure Keyboard Entry" item was no checked. Checking and unchecking it has no effect.
Mykel Alvis
Ah. Posted my problem too soon! It appears that the problem might be LastPass (for me, and something else that grabs secure keyboard input for others). Per [url=https://github.com/symless/synergy/issues/47]this issue[/url], specifically [url=https://github.com/symless/synergy/issues/47#issuecomment-205310195]this comment[/url], when the LastPass login box is waiting for input (which is really only visible when I click the LastPass icon in my Chrome bar), Synergy cannot see keyboard events. As soon as I complete the login for LastPass, the events start showing up in Synergy.
Jan Simecky
It is very sad, they dont offer trial on webside for download, after purchase, I recognized, what this software is unusable. I am not problem only with keyboard between platforms, but sofware dont run by automatic after restart system and also it not remember configuration.... this software look like opensorce, where I must everything very hardly settup, not like paid software.
  • 4 weeks later...
Murvin Lai
I can't even have my mac run as server and windows 7 as client. they connected but Mac server says cannot set the new client. the other way around is ok though.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello, I have recently been made aware that some keystroke listening applications will block keystrokes to the client. LastPass is such an application. I have created a bug report for it, here: https://github.com/symless/synergy/issues/5382 We currently have no plans to develop a fix for this, as it was just added to the tracker. That said, I doubt that this will be a top priority for our developers.