Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Shift key problem with Mac and Parallel

A few people already said Shift key problem on Mac with Parallel, and I got a same problem. (I think Ctrl key also have a problem.) But there is no answer or solution yet.. Is there any trick to play it ? Please share your tip.
James Robbins
I emailed support about this on April 13 without a reply. I followed up with a forum post a week later, again without a reply. I am concerned that the team is either abandoning their support or is overwhelmed. Jim
Gareth Armitage
I just applied a Parallels update and now my shift button is working - although that said mine has worked intermittently. Would be interested to see if this works for everyone. I'm now on Parallels version 11.2.0 (32581).
James Robbins
I also recently installed the Parallels 11.2.0 (32581) update and it did not help with my problem. I am still seeing uppercase characters displayed as lowercase in Fedora in the VM. What settings are you using for the VM (Full Screen? Coherence? Unity? Keyboard settings?) I did hear back from support and have started working with them. I used the Linux showkeys command from terminal to verify that the keyboard with Synergy was releasing the shift key before the letter key press was processed. This is likely what is causing the uppercase character to be displayed as lowercase. Jim
  • 2 months later...
Gareth Armitage
Well after my initial excitement of regaining the shift function in Parallels it quickly disappeared after a reboot. I've tried a tonne of Nightly Builds to see if Symless have fixed the issue, but sadly even the 1.8.2 RC1 build doesn't function correctly in a Windows Parallels environment. Would be good to know when they plan to resolve this. They've had it working in previous builds.
James Robbins
At the moment I've only got a Mac host and clients so I've switched to using [url=http://www.abyssoft.com/software/teleport/]Teleport[/url] until this problem can be fixed in Synergy. My Fedora and Windows systems are all VMs on a Mac so I don't need the cross-platform abilities of Synergy at this time. I'm still testing Teleport but it seems to be working well for now. I'm using the latest version 2.2 on a Yosemite host and an El Capitan client.
  • 3 weeks later...
Gareth Armitage
So I'm happy to report all seems to be well for me now. Running Synergy 1.8.2 RC1 with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (server & VM) & Parallels 11.2.1(32626). I've run the client Macbook with two differnet Windows 10 servers with multiple reboots and it seems stable. Not sure this was the result of a Synergy update, but it's working :D