Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Win 8.1 Mouse movements stop when switching screens.

Brian Gallagher
I am running Win 8.1 on both computers (Desktop and Laptop) Desktop is the server. Everything connects fine but when I move the mouse cursor onto the laptop it gets stuck in bottom right corner (bringing up the charms menu) and no other movements work. Button presses and mouse wheel work, and keyboard appears to be working fine as well. I have tried with SSL both on and off. I have restarted both systems after install, and still the same issue persists. Edit: I have just updated to 1.7.2 and the same issue persists. I double checked and keyboard works fine as well as the left/right mouse button clicks, but movement does not work. Just some further information I also have dual monitor setup on the desktop, one being a HiDPI screen. I do not know if this might be part of the issue but I figure any extra information would be valuable.
  • 2 weeks later...
Luke Tsekouras
I am having exactly the same issue, except that my server is a windows 8.1 computer and my client is a Ubuntu 14.04 machine. I also have a HiDPI screen on my server setup, although I have 3 screens not 2.
  • 2 months later...
Alex Martin
I have the same problem, but on Windows 7 and 10 (recently upgraded but the issues is exactly the same). I have an unusual setup in that I have an [b]HTPC[/b] (Windows 7) and [b]Desktop PC[/b] (Windows 7 and now 10) connected to a single HDTV via HDMI cables. The HTPC is on all the time, so I use Synergy to control the Desktop PC. The issue occurs only after switching HDMI inputs. ie. turning the TV off or switching from the Desktop PC (HDMI2) to HTPC (HDMI1) and back again. This leads me to believe that Synergy is getting confused about the screen size or position, presumably because the HDTV disconnects as a device when it's off/set to HDMI 2. As with you guys, the mouse is trapped in the lower right corner of the Desktop. The keyboard works fine, and clicking hides/shows open apps just like it should, but it won't move. A quick workaround I have found is to left-click and drag forwards with the mouse while using the keyboard shortcut to switch control to the Desktop PC (ctrl+1 in my case). I can usually get it working after a few attempts! However, sometimes it won't work, and a full restart of both Synergy client and server is required. I'd love to see this bug squashed.