Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy won't start

Antony Woods
Hiya, Just installed Synergy 1.7.2 - Server on Windows 8.1 x64 - Client on OS X 10.8.3 Server appears to start, no problem. Client, upon clicking 'Start', briefly says "Synergy is starting" and produces the following log, before flicking back to "Synergy is not running". No errors. [quote] NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: /var/folders/1j/ntpyy_hx6r50f9r26yj4dfb40000gn/T/Synergy.VRB384 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: drag and drop enabled NOTE: started client NOTE: connecting to '192.168.0.42': 192.168.0.42:24800 [/quote] I have no idea where to go from here. Can anyone help? :o Thanks
Simon Swallow
I've temporarily managed to workaround the issue by going to Preferences and unchecking "Use SSL encryption" on both my Server and Client. Hopefully the guys can get a fix worked out for this OSX issue. Simon
I'm having the same issue with Synergy 1.7.2. I had updated it from Synergy 1.7.1, and this upgrade also elevated all of my Synergy instances from "Synergy Basic" to "Synergy Pro" status. - Pro Server on Windows 7 x64 (upgraded from 1.7.1 Basic via installer) - Pro Client on OS X 10.8.5 (stopped 1.7.1 and dragged to trash, installed 1.7.2) - Pro Client on Windows 7 x64 (upgraded from 1.7.1 Basic via installer) While I can get my Windows server and clients working with SSL, on OS X when I try to start the client, it appears to do so but then immediately the UI says "Synergy is not running". The Windows server doesn't even seem to have noticed that a connection attempt was made. The only way I can get the OS X instance to work is to turn off SSL for both the OS X client and the Windows server. (If I do this also I have to turn off SSL on the other Windows client.) UPDATE: corrected "server" to "client" when describing trying to start Synergy with SSL on OS X.