Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

constant disconnects

Mathias Körber
I am running 1.7.6 on my mbp (server,Yosemite) and and mac-mini (client,El Capitan) Recently (last 2-3 days) symmetry constantly disconnects. On the client, I see various SSL errors, amon others ERROR: ssl error occurred (system call failure) ERROR: eof violates ssl protocol NOTE: disconnected from server or Error: corrupted clipboard data, expected size 86662732 actual size=xxxxx (always a different number) What gives?
Rebecca Strauch
May be unrelated, but I was having issues with constant connect/disconnect and getting ssl type errors. I'm on 1.7.6 and had my "client", a Win7 laptop, was offline/remote for a few weeks. When I returned, I decided to reverse my Server/Client, and make the laptop the server. Two issues I found, a 169.254... IP address was listed before my IP laptop's IP address in the configuration window. On research, I found this is possibly related to the wireless network using this range of IPs....and/or Bonjour using it by default. Long story short, that IP when away when I disabled my wireless (I'm on a hardwired LAN). Before that I had done many uninstalls/reinstalls with no luck. In one of the uninstalls, I renamed my C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Synergy directory, thinking maybe something there was causing issues, and that it would reinstall a fresh folder. It did not. It needed the ns.dll in the Plugins folder. there is also an SSL folder which contains the "fingerprints" allowed. A third thing...the "TrustedServer.txt" had an address I didn't recognize, so I removed it and just left the other machine's info (the other fingerprint [i]may[/i] have bee that other IP address??) . It now seems to be working properly. Hope this helps you or someone troubleshoot.