Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Leave the taskbar icon visible when running

Duncan Clee
This came about as a result of this post: viewtopic.php?f=16&p=4574#p4574 Please leave the taskbar icon visible when the server is running, even after the window is closed. As the accompanying thread shows, Synergy is screwing up more than one major application and cannot be left on all the time. But it is far from clear [i]when[/i] Synergy is running. If you don't manually shut down then Synergy autostarts with Windows, without giving any indication that is has done so. So a clear indication is required, as is perhaps the inclusion of a 'Start with Windows' option Regards Duncan
Mart Reinla
I agree with both points Having a taskbar icon visible after the GUI window is closed, would certainly make thing a lot easier. And some kind of a GUI option to disable "Start with Windows", is a must have in my opinion.
  • 2 weeks later...
Duncan Clee
Same issue and more besides. Never thought of the security aspect before. For instance, I still have synergyd.exe running, even though the server isn't. It's seems to be synergys.exe that causes the screwing up of the keyboard on certain apps (see link in op) but surely this one shouldn't be running either. Needs sorting...