Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Config on Ubuntu doesn't stick

Mike Van Pelt
I've had this trouble for a while. Every time I start Synergy 1.7.6 on Ubuntu "Xenial", I have to go through the whole "install/userid/password/where is my config file" process in the wizard, then go to edit preferences to turn SSL back off. It keeps the screen locations in my config file, but nothing else. It re-downloads the plugins every time. Is this an issue with the Avahi lack of Bonjour compatibility? I get this log message: *** WARNING *** The program 'synergy' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi. *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi! *** WARNING *** The program 'synergy' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi. *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi! *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=synergy&f=DNSServiceRegister (Don't bother trying to go to that web page; it does not exist. Makes me wonder if Avahi is abandonware.)
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sorin Sbârnea

I don't know but I just discovered that is also broken on RedHat 7.2, some problem

rpm -i synergy-v1.8.5-stable-a18eba7-Linux-x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libdns_sd.so.1()(64bit) is needed by synergy-1.8.5-1.x86_64