Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Disable switch at edge of screen

Thomas Moses
Is there a way I can stop the mouse switching at the edge of the display please? If you want to know why I want to do this read below, else it can be ignored: In an ideal world this would work perfectly and I would use this potentially awesome feature, but with my current setup it doesn't work. Below you can see my current setup. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/4d1bd39452a9297c41af04fb2a52c589.png[/img] When the curser goes onto the right half of display 1 it switches onto the synergy client to my right. I have display 1 at 225% scaling and this is probably why the this happens. Edited by Guest
John Bell
I would also like to see the ability to use a key press in order to move the curser beyond edge of the screen to the other computer. Many applications, especially MS Excel, use the very left edge of the screen in their applications. I end up going out of these applications and onto my other computer. This is a real pain. I can fix this by going all the way right to my computer on my left, but that is just counter-intuitive and also a pain. I've used other virtual keyboard/mouse apps that stopped the mouse switching to the other computer unless a CTRL or SHIFT key (user preference setting) was pressed. I think it would be better to use the "Windows" key or some key other than the CTRL key or SHIFT key, since these are often used in conjunction with applications, but I'd settle for the CTRL or SHIFT key performing this blocking function. The dead corners are not enough. The switch needs to be totally blocked unless the key is pressed.
  • 3 years later...
spinal007

+1 need this functionality to stop accidentally switching screens.

As John Bell said above, "dead corners are not enough."

The optional requirement of CTRL / SHIFT / Win key before switching would  solve this

Jamie Newbon

Pressing scroll lock will lock the input to the current screen and prevent switching. Would that help?

You could then set up hotkeys to switch to relative screens (Left/Right) or specific clients.

• Like 1
spinal007

Probably not I'm afraid. I can't speak for others but in my case I want to avoid accidentally moving onto another screen, specially if I move the mouse quickly to reach something near the edges (scoll bar, for example). Also I personally don't like to use hotkeys to switch, I prefer gesture - to actually move the mouse in the direction of the screen.

Under advanced server settings you have "switch after waiting" and "switch after on double tap", both of which require waiting or a 2nd gesture to switch. The ideal for me would be an extra setting here "switch only if key pressed" (eg.; CTRL key). That would stop accidental switch and allow switching with a single gesture. best of all worlds :-D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...