Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Scroll direction across Windows and Mac OS X

Just wondering how are you handling scroll direction across Windows and Mac OS X. As you might know, Mac OS X changed the direction the scrolling works some time ago. Turned out I liked it a lot and got used to it. Unfortunately I have to use a Windows computer too at work and I use Synergy to use the same keyboard and mouse across the two computers. As you might guess is kind of annoying to have different scroll behaviours on two computers I use at the same time so I decided to use AutoHotkey to change this behaviour on Windows. Works just nice without synergy but stops working randomly when I'm using synergy. Any ideas on how to handle this? Should Synergy handle this on its own?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Charles Byrd
I am using two macs and the horizontal scrolling is reversed when working on Final Cut Pro. Other mouse sharing apps I use don't have this issue. Anyway to correct this?
I'm using Synergy 1.8.2-stable-36cd521 I've noticed it. My "Server" is my Windows Desktop, and I have a Mac Mini (10.11) that I use as a second system. When I use the Windows mouse to control the session, the scroll wheel works like it does in Windows, but if I reach over and grab the Mac mouse, it's scroll wheel works like Mac OS X wants it to (ie Reversed). As a Windows user, I prefer it the way it is, but I can see where someone who is primarily a Mac user would want it reversed. It might be nice if it took on the characteristics of the Server system, or make it selectable.