Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac Synergy - IP Problems After Switching Wifi to LAN

Tim Finch
Here's the repeatable scenario: - Synergy Basic 1.7.6 on Mac OS X 10.10.5 on a Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Laptop - Synergy Basic 1.7.6 on Windows 7 Intel i3 PC - Turn on Macbook - wifi connects to my Home LAN Wifi, as per usual - I plug in Ethernet cable - I turn off Wifi using Mac top right menu so only Ethernet link to same LAN active. - ONLY AT THIS POINT do I launch Synergy from the Dock - I get repeated messages Cannot connect to 192.168.1.22 (IP address of i3 Win 7 Mater Synergy controller) However if I then reboot Macbook so it starts up NOT temporarily connecting to Wifi (because Wifi was turned off before the reboot) but only using Ethernet from the get go, Synergy will work on the Mac. It is the same LAN and same PC master Synergy IP address whether the Macbook connects over WiFi or Ethernet. Synergy seems to not like the fact the Wifi is turned off. PLASE NOTE Synergy in Mac Dock is launched AFTER Wifi turned off and Ethernet has successfully connected. Hope someone from Symless can answer this. Many thanks, Tim.