Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Screen Saver not coming on

Michael Miller1491393359

Michael Miller1491393359
Hello All, Wondering if anyone is having a similar issue... When I have Synergy running (On my Server Computer Windoms 10) My screensaver will not come on, nor will the computer display sleep... Once i stop the server, everything is fine... Thanks in advance!
  • 1 month later...
Jason Burris

I see the same issue with an OS X server and Win 10 client. This feature used to work on previous versions (both OS and Synergy). I'm not sure when it stopped working.

Christien Bumpus

I've had the screensaver issue for the last two updates at least... not sure how to get it resolved. The server screen saver works, but the client does not.

• 3 weeks later...
Jason Powers
Hello All,

Wondering if anyone is having a similar issue... When I have Synergy running (On my Server Computer Windoms 10) My screensaver will not come on, nor will the computer display sleep... Once i stop the server, everything is fine...

Thanks in advance!

I have the same exact problem on two Win10 machines (two monitors on one machine; one monitor on the other). So I have to individually turn off each monitor :oops:

idk................... there's a lot of things that don't work with this software, and sadly, there's nobody here to answer questions or provide a fix.

• 3 weeks later...
Keath Milligan

This has been a problem with Synergy for YEARS. I've been a Synergy user since its original incarnation and I think this bug has been present since 2007 or so. Complete showstopper. Every couple of years, I reinstall Synergy after getting frustrated with various combinations of KVM switches and keyboard shuffling only to find this bug still exists after all these years. I've run Synergy with many different combinations of systems and hosts/clients and they've all been impacted.

• 3 weeks later...
This has been a problem with Synergy for YEARS. I've been a Synergy user since its original incarnation and I think this bug has been present since 2007 or so. Complete showstopper. Every couple of years, I reinstall Synergy after getting frustrated with various combinations of KVM switches and keyboard shuffling only to find this bug still exists after all these years. I've run Synergy with many different combinations of systems and hosts/clients and they've all been impacted.

I agree, except i recall experiencing intermittent periods of usage where it would actually work as hoped. I have had two or three systems, with and without laptops, with 4 or 5 monitors. I've looked at system configurations as causation, with no success. I have been unable to duplicate the short-lived (or imaginary) proper functioning on demand. This irritant is becoming more pronounced as i age :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Jason Powers

New version 1.8.5 out, and still this doesn't work. If there's one thing that needs serious attention, it's the fact that screensavers won't work across machines :\ Would somebody mind adddressing this forum with some kind of answer as to when we might expect this to work ?