Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Instability

Brent Massel
I've replied to both of the recent questionnaires sent out, but noticed that there was nowhere to fill in other issues not already identified in the questionnaires, so please consider this an addendum. Not that there haven't been other small issues with Synergy, too, but the issue(s) that I'm experiencing are affecting other software and only occur when Synergy is active. As soon as I stop sharing, the noted issues immediately stop, too. And it is annoying to have to keep turning it on and off. When Synergy is running and active I can't use a lot of formatting features in software such as Microsoft office, iTunes, and Photoshop. They malfunction or stop working altogether. Originally I thought I was having issues with each of the other software packages, and tried full uninstall and reinstall. But when that didn't resolve the issue, I had to start looking at anything else that was common when they were being used. As stated before, as soon as I disabled Synergy, everything again worked as it should.
Roger Tyson
I'd like to second this problem. What I found is when I have synergy active, I lose my scroll wheel on some apps, notably Thunderbird. It may work for a few days, then just stop when I try to scroll through a message. If I turn synergy off, then full functionality comes back. Like Brent, I thought it was an issue with Thunderbird, but found when I needed to stop Synergy for a screen share, Thunderbird worked fine. Anyways, that what I've found so far. Version 1.7.6 Server: Windows 10 Client: CentOS 6