Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Text marking in Word doesnt work/Photoshop problems

Peter Pan
A very big problem occurred after installing the latest version of synergy on my Windows Prof 64 bit PC. I am no longer able to mark text in Word. It works one time. If I try to mark a new text the marking stops immediately when the mouse slows down. No chance to get a text marked! In Photoshop I have a similar problem. Marking rectangle, cropping do not work. Just one time and then it's over. There are more application who have a problem with text marking like Dragon text-editor. I tried already a new install, used windows ultimate 64 bit, changed from microsoft office 2010 to 2013 to 2015. All the same. Same with photoshop: I used CS 2, CS 5 and CS 6. If I have Synergy installed, I can't use cropping and marking tools!!! Looks like a big problem that has to be fixed fast! I hope to get soon a fix or a solution to teh problem. Synergy is needed to work between Windows and Linux. thx for your kind help Peter
Peter Pan
I took a look in the forum and found a working solution to the problem: Open Synergy on the server Click on the button labeled "Configure server..." Click on the tab "Advanced server settings" On the right hand side, check the box labeled "Use relative mouse moves" Click "OK" Click "Apply" or "Start" Open Synergy on the (Windows) client Go to Edit > Settings > Elevate Mode Click "Apply" thx to nbolton! Looks as if it works for me. I will test it and come back.